A recent study conducted by 3GEM for TrustedHousesitters reveals Britons are more and more worried about the cost of travel. The UK-wide survey saw almost half (49.4%) of the 2,000 people surveyed are worried about the cost of travel while 43.6% believe they will turn to the sharing economy to make travel more affordable. More on this, 14% believe the Brexit decision will prevent them from travelling as much.
Andy Peck, CEO and founder of TrustedHousesitters said: “The sharing economy has grown massively in recent years, with more and more people realising that it is not just about saving money – sharing for mutual benefit can also lead to far richer life experiences. What we offer is a pure play version of the sharing economy because no money changes hands between house sitters and pet owners. This win-win approach to sharing builds a strong bond of trust, and at a time when people are concerned that politics is driving us apart, this is an example of how helping each other can create strong altruistic relationships. Regardless of whatever happens politically, we’re doing our bit to enrich lives and build trust amongst a growing global community.”
Also Richard Branson said a few months ago: “As people’s access to the internet grows we’re seeing the sharing economy boom – I think our obsession with ownership is at tipping point and the sharing economy is part of the antidote for that.”
More from this site
- Pets Welfare Is An Important Factor Stopping Brits From Travelling Abroad
- One in 10 Brits think homeless people are beyond help
- Car Rentals: How to get the best deals on a vacation?
- 67% of UK Tourists Fear ‘Robot’ Security Checks
- New Study Reveals Over One Third Of ‘Honest’ Brits Would Put Their Integrity on the Line to Pocket Small Change
- Critical cash flow rules for your business